Wednesday, May 30, 2007

I haven't made the top 10

Well it may be a good sign, but I haven't made his top 10. But some come dangerously close. Perhaps if I flossed more...

Signs You Are Spending Too Much Time Blogging
4. You find yourself thinking, “I can’t wait to blog about this,” and you’re flossing.
...
8. While skimming a particularly long post you find yourself thinking, “Man, will this guy ever shut up about his family?” and then you remember you’re reading Deuteronomy.
I will maintain the illusion that I am in control of my blogdom by refraining from adding my own to his list.

Via Ironic Catholic who has her own list about taking some time off. I would think about a break too, but my ego couldn't stand losing any of my loyal readers. I mean, think about it. If I lose 1 reader, it probably cuts my readership by 25%.

Anyway, one of my readers/friends said I should write more and link less. It is good to know that friends value my opinions (and that my opinions still allow me to have friends). But it is a time and inspiration factor. Inspiration must come first, then I have to find the time and then I have to remember what my inspiration was. So it is a delicate balance. Especially with work, a large family and some occasional fishing.

No comments: