To follow up my wildly successful "A Catholic Knows It's Cold When" (It was published in some bulletin in Ohio or Wisconsin I think), here is
A Catholic Knows It's Hot When:
- You notice your Scapular tan line.
- A miraculous pool of water appears next to your statue of Mary - and she is splashing her feet in it.
- Your St. Pio of Pietrelcina statue bi-locates to under a shade tree.
- You have a mild understanding of how Sodom and Gomorrah felt.
- The Pre-Trib Rapture folks turn into the Pre-July/August Rapture folks.
- Kids spend way too much time by the holy water fonts - cooling themselves.
- Father's sermon reminds you of the fire and brimstone sermons of old - only because it seems to be happening.
- You see visions of the Blessed Virgin on someones back where they missed the sunscreen.
p.s. Being from Florida, The Curt Jester added his own hot list at the time of my cold list.