Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Peter Kreeft

I am glad Peter Kreeft is on our side. I would not do well having to face him in a debate.

For God, For Country and For Yale: Why Peter Kreeft is Pro Life
Professor Kreeft framed his argument first around science- that the prevailing scientific view is that life begins at conception. He mentioned that this fact was proclaimed in every science textbook until Roe v. Wade. He also based it on morality- the sanctity of human life requires a right to life. His third opening point was based on the law. The law protects innocent life. The law protects human rights, the most basic of which is the right to life.

Professor Kreeft ended with a powerful message. He admitted that he can make the argument against abortion with many different arguments. However, when explaining why he personally was pro-life he said that abortion is not only homicide, it is also deicide- the killing of God. Because humans are made in the image and likeness of God, anyone who aborts their child sees their own face, the face of the child and the face of God. He noted that when people ask him “Where was God during the Holocaust?” he replies- “He was gassed along with the Jews.”

Where is God during abortions? He is aborted along with the innocent life.

Matthew 25:41-45

“Then he shall say to them also that shall be on his left hand: Depart from me, you cursed, into everlasting fire which was prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry, and you gave me not to eat: I was thirsty, and you gave me not to drink. I was a stranger, and you took me not in: naked, and you covered me not: sick and in prison, and you did not visit me. Then they also shall answer him, saying: Lord, when did we see thee hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister to thee? Then he shall answer them, saying: Amen I say to you, as long as you did it not to one of these least, neither did you do it to me.”
via the Curt Jester

No comments: