Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Ooookay

I am sure it made sense to him. But to me it seems to be a likely winner in the Elastic Connections category.

A co-worker was reading the front page about the Va. Tech shootings and made some comment about the guy being "out there." I mumbled a "yeah" cuz I was trying to read the comic page.

Then he busts in with "Maybe he was a Catholic and wanted ..." He couldn't make the connection for his anti-Catholic remark, so he reached into left field and pulled out something about the shooter wanting the priest to molest him.

How should one respond to that? I was flabbergasted and just finished the funnies in silence and bolted.

1 comment:

RobKPhD said...

Wow. Some co-worker. Hmmm, this may be one of those times I pray for the ears of the deaf and the tongue of the mute, because the first thing that came to my mind was "bite me."