Friday, March 09, 2007

New blog

My apologies for not writing more lately. I have come across numerous items I should have blogged, but my heart is a bit heavy lately. So on the positive side, I have been spending more time praying instead of blogging.

On the down side, I really enjoy writing and blogging. So I will wade back in. And I have a good one. A new (to me) blog, Profound Gratitude, by a soon-to-be-Catholic, homeschooling mother. My wife met her last night and from what I understand, she did the design for her blog on her own. No cheesy blogger template for her. (as an amateur web designer myself, I am humbled.)

Seems she desires to be a Canon Lawyer now too. We can always use a few more blogging Canon Lawyers to keep us all straight. Dr. Ed Peters and Pete Vere can make room I am sure.

So Shellie, welcome to the Church! And welcome to the blog roll.


And on her post, The Ministry of Reconciliation
Scripture does not state that our future sins are forgiven; instead, Jesus taught us to pray, “And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors” (Matt. 6:12). There is a theology that believes this? That asking “repeatedly for forgiveness would be admission that we believe that Christ’s work was imperfect “?

So if you concur with me that we still need to ask for forgiveness, rather than just express thanks, then shall we ask, What is the means by which our sins are forgiven? Only God may forgive sins, but he may mediate that forgiveness in any way he so chooses.
I spent some time defending Confession and The Blessed Mother on the local Huckleberries site. Seems some were put off by my faith and by my belief in Mary as an intercessor for us.

I ignored the blatant anti-Catholics just looking for a fight, and has some good discussion with some ex-Catholics and others. I was encouraged by some Protestants that seem to be realizing Mary is their mother too and that she isn't a stumbling block, but another sign pointing to her Son.

It may seem that Catholics make too much of Mary, but remember this. We only imitate Christ. As God commands in the 4th Commandment, Jesus honored his mother. And as we are too imitate Christ, so we too should honor her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you!

Hope to get to know y'all better.

I love Ed Peter's CanonLaw.info. I read it in my spare time... Have you read his Preparing Children for the Sacraments: Some Controversies and Suggestions and his Home-Educated Children and the Reception of Sacraments? Excellent.

And I must tell you that I made use of Open Source Web Design on this domain running free Wordpress.org blogging platform underneath. It was a way to get going faster; when you don't want to reinvent the wheel. I started out at hereistand.blog.com -- template and all, but those templates get mighty constricting mighty fast, right?

The "fun" is taking a design and making it compatible with Wordpress.