Wednesday, January 30, 2008

White confiteor

What a hoot, the The Ironic Catholic thinks Minnesota has Confiteor weather.
it was cold. -12 and windy. I suppose the wind chill was about -250 or so), it came to me.

This is Confiteor weather.

Don't get me wrong. I love singing the Kyrie Eleison in Mass, which often replaces the Confiteor. But something about the Confiteor (printed below, if you don't know what I'm talking about) fits here. My sin. Weather that can kill you. Walking to the bus stop as walking through the valley (or weather) of death. Desperate seeking for shelter and warmth. It's all connected somehow.

Personally, I don't think I can say the Confiteor enough. If this weather reminds me of that, well, that's a blessing. So as a Minnesota transplant, I can finally embrace winter. It's High Confiteor season.

Feel free to say it with me:

I confess to Almighty God,
and to you, my brothers and sisters,
that I have sinned through my own fault:
In my thoughts and in my words,
In what I have done,
and what I have failed to do.
And I ask Blessed Mary, ever Virgin,
all the angels and saints,
and you, my brothers and sisters,
to pray for me to the Lord our God.

Amen.
Amen indeed. Not that bad here, but I can relate. Plenty of time for prayer as we slowly commute to and from work.

No comments: