Thursday, June 28, 2007

Great news

Did amnesty pass? No, but I did save a bundle on car insurance.

Not really but I did get a full refund on my airline ticket from my unsuccessful attempt to fly to South Carolina a couple of weeks ago. I was very disappointed to miss the Catholic Men's Conference, but a full refund makes the bitter pill a bit easier to swallow.

And to top that off I heard the Senate has given up on shoving the amnesty bill through. At least until the political climate is safer in 08 or 09. This should signal the end of John McCain's presidential bid.

Let the whining commence.
Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., told colleagues that if the bill faltered, the political climate almost surely would not allow a serious reconsideration until 2009 or later. It would be highly unlikely, she said, "in the next few years to fix the existing system... We are so close."
So close, so close to tearing down our borders and destroying our nation. The system indeed should be fixed, but the fix offered by our current president would be like giving a shot of cyanide to cure cancer.

No comments: