Wednesday, January 18, 2006

He fails to think, that is the problem

In another new blog I may have to add to my regular reading list, Mere Comments addresses the Washington Post article, The Abortion Debate No One Wants to Have, and makes the point about about Sen. Kennedy's lack of connection.

I myself recall having a conversation with a Down's syndrome adult man, who noted the disparity between Senator Edward M. Kennedy's well-publicized support for the Special Olympics, and his equally well-known insistence that no woman should have to bear the indignity of a "defective" or unwanted child. "I may be slow," this man observed, "but I am not stupid. Does he think that people like me can't understand what he really thinks of us? That we are not really wanted? That it would be a better world if we didn't exist?"

When does reality eventually sink in for those who are all about the "presentation" in politics.

No comments: