Tuesday, February 05, 2008

What are you giving up?

I love it. The Ironic Catholic brings us this newsflash, Local Catholic To Give Up Presidential Election For Lent
“I’ve been very interested in what’s going on, but I think that I need to take a break. Really, with Super Tuesday and Fat Tuesday coinciding, it’s like God himself is telling us to gorge on CNN Tuesday but then take a six week break. The way these people are going at it, you’d think that the salvation of the world hung on the latest endorsement or poll or something.”

Me? I am seriously considering a fast from blogging. Would be good for humility (funny how one can become so proud of so little), would be good to spend more time on my vocation (family, odd jobs and the fix it list that need so much attention.)

A bit scary though, I have worked so hard for the small readership. But we should be ready to throw it all away for His sake, right?

No comments: