Monday, December 10, 2007

100 movies for 100 years

Dom tagged me with this meme. *Update* Here is the Link to the top 100 movies. My apologies.

1. Your favorite five movies that are on the list. (tough selections. I really had to reach for a top 5.

1. Ben-Hur

2. Raiders of the Lost Ark

3. The Manchurian Candidate

4. Schindler's List

5. Mr. Smith Goes to Washington

2. Five movies on the list you didn’t like at all.

1. Apocalypse Now

2. Platoon (was okay, but not worth the hype. Hamburger Hill was much better)

3. The Sound of Music (just because it is the musical of musicals. And I don't like musicals.)

4. Lawrence of Arabia (okay, but terribly long.

5. Fargo (how it made the list, I don't know.)

3. Five movies on the list you haven’t seen but want to.

1. Star Wars

2. The Godfather

3. Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

4. The Bridge on the River Kwai

5. The list was too under-whelming to find 5.

4. Five movies on the list you haven’t seen and have no interest in seeing.

1. Pulp Fiction

2. Dances with Wolves

3. Rebel Without a Cause

4. Many of the rest of the list. Very uninspiring list to me.

5. Your favorite five movies that aren’t on the list. (in no particular order. This list could go on much longer than 5)

1. Saints and Soldiers.

2. Bella (simply profound)

3. The Passion of The Christ (and a couple other Gibson movies, Braveheart, the Patriot)

4. I Confess (and many other Hitchcock movies.)

5. Fiddler on the Roof (how could that not be on their list)

Of course the Lord of The Rings series.

Other 5 stars from my Netflix list, The Pianist, Molokai: Fr. Damien, The Great Raid, Pursuit of Happyness. I love the older movies that are available on netflix.

Consider yourself tagged:

Bear and Puff

Ironic Catholic (if she can find time during the end of the term)

Anyone else wanting in on the fun.

3 comments:

Puff the Magic Dragon said...

What list am I supposed to choose from?

Puff the Magic Dragon said...

Never mind. Got it.

The Ironic Catholic said...

It will have to be later--but I must say, I kind of hate most movies. It's not my thing. May be an ultra-boring meme!