Monday, September 25, 2006

decision time

I have finally made up my mind regarding liturgy meetings.  I have been a member of the parish council and have gone to the liturgy committee meetings for 5 or 6 years now.  It has been a source of much stress and internal debate whether it is worth the trouble. 
 
About the only thing positive I have achieved is getting a corpus on the cross for the procession.  And this only really was resolve when the Pope John Paul II came to my aid (not specifically) and clarified the General Instruction to state that a crucifix must be present in the sanctuary.
 
So instead of provoking anger and sin from others, anger and sin from talking about others from myself, I am no longer going to attend.  I will now pray and fast on the day of the liturgy meetings.  The rest I will leave up to the Holy Spirit.  I don't need to presume he will have better luck.

No comments: