Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Call the paten office

Chris at Calling Rome Home delivers the great news, Patens are making a comeback. Glad to hear that for his parish, the instructions in Redemptionis Sacramentum are being heeded.

[93.] The Communion-plate for the Communion of the faithful should be retained,so as to avoid the danger of the sacred host or some fragment of it falling.[180]
Chris also brings up a unique point regarding the receiving on the tongue versus hand debate.
I do try to be very careful to check my hands for any stray particles.
I hadn't thought of that issue. I tend to receive on the tongue unless I have a cold sore. Someone once likened it to breastfeeding versus the bottle. Which is more natural? I find receiving on the tongue removes many issues; such as possibly dropping the host, taking the host in a casual manner as the recipient walks away or even intentional profanation.

No comments: